Per risolvere il problema disinstallare la KB2553322.
Ok, I have found it.
My original system used 32bit SharePoint Designer Fully Patched, following all the Forum posting on this topic I installed 64bit SharePoint Designer in a VM fully patched and experienced the same error. I originally assumed it was a problem with the SharePoint farm but on 4 different environments, all at different SP and CU levels I had the same problem.
I decided to install 32bit SharePoint Designer in a VM and not patch anything, and it worked in all environments. I then installed all updates one at a time until it failed.
I rolled back this update on both my 64bit and original 32bit SharePoint Designers to see if they would work again, and they did.
The bad update is: KB2553322 (Security update for InfoPath 2010: July 10, 2012)
It appears to add extra XML into a few files which cause the error:
WFName.xoml.wfconfig.xml – it added (xsi:nil="true")
It also adds this value to the dfschema.xsd and template.xml inside the InfoPath XSN.
Finally after 3 days of chasing down the problem I have found an answer that I can reproduce and get a non-working SPD working again. The reason 64bit worked for some, I assume since it is a 32bit update it doesn’t affect it until the 64bit patch is installed.
Just so we are on the same page, I followed what you did exactly. I created a new site collection and root web using the (Team Site Template). I took a copy of the "Approval – SharePoint 2010" Workflow using a machine with the KB2553322 Patch. It created a Reusable Workflow called "Workflow 1". I attached it to the default Documents Library. And, as expected, I encountered the same issue. "The form cannot be submitted because of an error."
I then opened the Workflow in the Virtual Machine I created to test this patch (After installing InfoPath I had to remove the update again even though it was still a pending update). Turns out there are 2 updates under KB2553322 one for Office Professional Plus and one for SharePoint Designer, you need to remove both.
To verify that it is the same problem. In SharePoint Designer, open the site, go to All Files, Workflows, the Name of the Workflow ("Workflow 1" for me) and Open WorkflowName.xoml.wfconfig.xml, then click Edit. Now, in the XML Path, WorkflowConfig -> Initiation-> DefaultData -> dfs:myFields -> dfs:dataFields -> d:SharePointListItem_RW, the node will look like
</d:Approvers>When it should look like:
</d:Approvers>So, how do you fix it? and also without SharePoint yelling at you. I also tried just publishing both workflow and InfoPath form with no success.
1.Open the Workflow in SharePoint Designer
2.In the Ribbon click Initiation Form Parameters
3.Click OK without changing anything
4.Republish the workflow, It will warn you that the infopath form has been customized.
5.Open the Form that says needs update, it will prompt you that the workflow has changed and InfoPath will update the form.
6.Save and Publish the Form
7.Publish the Workflow, again
After that, if you check the .xoml.wfconfig.xml file, it will be updated to the proper version. If you run the workflow in SharePoint, it will still have any customization you had before, with the added bonus that it will work.